Our History – Meeting Community Needs for Over Six Decades
Three pharmacist generations ago, a pleasant gentleman by the name of Mr. Fred Ross opened a pharmacy in Angus with his wife Alvena. The year was 1958. Those were the days when it took a while to decipher the prescription, and Mr. Ross would actually make it – grinding, mixing and diluting, eventually preparing a tonic, an ointment, or oral capsule for just that patient. During this era, the pharmacy sold everything from hammers to veterinarian supplies.
Mr. Ross grew with Angus, and when the Angus Plaza was built in 1963, he expanded and moved into the new location. Pharmacists Bryn and Randy Styles joined Mr. Ross in 1980 and became the new owners in 1983. More growth ensued and the Styles doubled the size of the pharmacy in 1985.
A young pharmacy grad by the name of Christine Weber joined Angus Borden Guardian Drugs as a staff pharmacist in 1989. She liked working there so much, she told her husband to quit his job and join her in Angus. Christine and Ward Charlebois teamed up and became involved with ownership in 1992. Ward was legendary for his kind demeanour and ability to chat with his patients.